Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scraping, Sweating, Success

Hello Everyone!  I have a favor to ask you... If you haven't already, I think you should "Follow Me"! My goal is to have 25 official followers ;)  No big reason other than making me feeling special and knowing that someone enjoys my little blog!! (Click on the button to the right.. there are no emails involved... just lets me know who loves me and my blog!)  Thanks in advance!!

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pictures of our first major workday with you!  We were blessed to have seven family members and friends come help us out.  We stripped wallpaper, scraped popcorn, and sweated A LOT!  Hard work, but fun work!  

(Sorry about some of the poor quality photos... sometimes all you have is an iphone and you have to capture the moment!)

Mom prepping the lovely gold walls for stripping. 
Unfortunately, it was more like scraping.. and scraping... and more scraping.  That ugly wallpaper was determined to not come off!  But we won the battle in the end!!  Don't I look happy??  Looking back on this day... I apparently didn't realize the messiness that would be involved judging by my WHITE shorts!  
The glorious bedroom wallpaper that peeled off.  We were so happy that we almost cried.  Okay, not really, but we were reallllly happy! 
Happy!!
My studly man removing the ugly fan.
The hardworking Seth Howland who proved to be a master at scraping popcorn!  He enjoyed it SO much, he is coming back to help with more this weekend. Yay!

Master bathroom TLC.  No more green and gold wallpaper!

Nick took out all his aggression on those horrid wooden beams.  So glad we were able to remove them!  The top middle one is gone now as well.
Next up... that lovely fireplace is coming down!! Those 70's rocks have got to GO!





2 comments:

  1. Love the photo journal! Ha, ha, you DO have a lot of fun projects this summer! Can see why you are working so hard. It's going to be gorgeous - can't wait! Who needs a gym when you've got the best workout in town - with immediate results? Love you guys - so happy for you! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much work, you guys. I am amazed! Way to go! It's gonna be such a nice home! So comfortable and inviting!

    ReplyDelete