Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Parent Love

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.  
~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford

Is that not the truth??  I have the best family in the world.  Of course, I've biased, but.. it's true!  I have always known that my family is special and amazing.  However, as I have gotten older I have come to the realization that a family like mine is rare and precious.  

We genuinely love each other.  We have each others' backs.  We all love the Lord and our faith bonds us together. We have ridiculous amounts of fun when we're together!  We love cooking and eating together.  If we don't talk on the phone as least every other day, it is unusual. 

This weekend I was filled with such a thankfulness for my family... in particular,  my parents.  We bought a house.  They just know we need loads of help.  It wasn't even a question of "Do you need us?" or "How can we help?"  They just know because they are our absolutely biggest cheerleaders and advocates.  They called and said, "Saturday is the day!  Let's get to work!"  What a blessing to be so deeply loved and cared for.  What I appreciate so much about my parents is that they just know, and they will do anything to help their children succeed to the fullest.  

I look forward to the day that Nick and I have our own children.  Although we don't know when that will be, I can already tell you that those children will be deeply loved and we will do anything and everything to give them the best!  

Thank you Mom and Dad for your exceptional love, support, and dedication to us!
                                                           World's Best Dad!!
                                                       My Incredible Mom!
                      Tired Mom and Dad after a long, productive day at the house!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley so thrilled with all you and Nick are going through with your first home. Your parents are amazing people and truly a rare thing in this day and age. You are blessed but you are a blessing to them as well.

    ReplyDelete