Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Warm Welcome

Just a quick update :)  Last night we were given the keys at 7:30 p.m!  It was so exciting to drive up to the house and say, "This is OUR house"!  I actually surprised myself and became a little emotional.  I think the long process just finally caught up with me and I realized that all that praying I'd done and waiting was finally HERE!  I really lost it when our realtor said, "Just think, this is the home you will bring your babies home from the hospital"... and the tears fell!!

When we opened the front door, we noticed a super sweet note posted above our doorbell.  I knew that we were moving into a very tight-knit neighborhood... but this just blew me away.
It was a a fabulous night.  We hung out with our realtor, partied with some yummy J champagne, fancy cheese, Joey's pizzas, Whole Foods fruit tarts... all in our house!  Our realtor then said it was time for her to go.  We walked her out and closed the door... it was exciting being alone in our house for the first time (when in escrow you are never alone.. either your realtor is there or the owner).  It was in the moment that we both realized... WE ARE THE OWNERS.  Surreal!  
 Nick locking the door as our realtor, Mary, is leaving.  (Don't you just love the antique light fixture and gorgeous wall paper..??!!  I'll update you on all the fun renovations soon!!)

3 comments:

  1. How fun to enter a neighborhood with such sweet people! I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Thank you for taking us on the journey with you! It's time to celebrate! If you need ANYTHING, please let us know! Love, Christina Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina!! We are so happy and thankful! God is SO good :) We will have to have a big house-warming party once everything is renovated and beautiful!!

      Delete