Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Weeks!

The official countdown had begun!  We have 9 weeks and 2 days left until Baby Girl Klaus will be here!  It's amazing how time is flying by these days.  

I had to rummage through my Halloween bin to find something that would actually fit me this year.... appropriately fit me, that is.  My choices were: Black cat, Cinderella (er.. knocked-up Cinderella), Bat Girl (this outfit looked extremely inappropriate considering it is VERY short in the front due to my bump), and cowgirl.  Black cat beat the others due to the nature of my job.  Although, I do have to admit, pregnant Cinderella was extremely tempting!

          (This was at the end of the day, so excuse my half falling off tail!)

Things are going well and we feel blessed that Baby Girl is growing rapidly and staying active!  She definitely has her own schedule and it's been fun to try to figure it out.  When I am working, she is VERY quiet.  She must be intrigued or soothed by listening to my 22 first graders' chatter and laughter.  However, as soon as 3:00p.m. rolls around, and it's just her and I in the classroom, she starts kicking up a storm!  It amazes me every time!  It's as though she knows it's a good time to come out and play!

Nick and I have been busy taking classes in order to prepare for baby.  This month we have taken a Newborn Care and a Mid-pregnancy course.  We got to listen to a pediatrician and nurse talk all about the first few weeks and what to expect once we bring baby home.  This month we are taking a breastfeeding course, late pregnancy course, and childbirth (Lamaze-style) course.  

Hard to believe that next year at this time we will be dressing up our 10 month old for Halloween!  Can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend.. you look amazing!!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update, Ashley! My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me when you get a free second at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete