Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Monday, December 10, 2012

Learning Lady

Happy Monday!

Owning a home means learning brand new skills and noticing little things that you never would have paid attention to before.  Case in point: I had never given beautifully trimmed lawn much attention in the past. Well, let me tell you what!  NOW, when I drive around town, I notice all these strange little things... perfectly cut grass, new gutters, front door handles, and house colors!  

This past weekend our out of control, overgrown grass was driving me nuts.  I didn't want our house to be the eyesore of the neighborhood.... especially since we don't even live there yet!

The opportunity was there.  I was game.  My lovely Mama was willing to teach.  I am now officially certified to mow the lawn!  

Might not sound exciting... but it was a bucket list item for me.  Okay.  Not really.  But, it sure was satisfying to see the pretty, evenly-trimmed grass afterwards!

                                                            Here's the proof!

 Once a Mama, always a Mama.  I still need my Mama to teach me life-lessons at age 28!  That will never change... I will never be too old!
Side Note: My Mom was mowing the lawn on May 5, 1984... the DAY before I was born.  What a rockstar!
I still need to perfect my mowing skills.  The lines weren't perfectly straight... but I have a feeling I'll have plenty of time to practice in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment