Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Monday, December 3, 2012

Believe

Sorry for the long delay in posting anything house related!  Yes, we have still been working... A LOT!  Life has been super busy and I've been working on balancing (easier said than done)!  

Our home is coming together SO nicely.  We are very close to the end of being done with our remodel... hooray!  Do you remember how I said we have a goal of moving in around Christmas?  The truth is... I didn't really believe that when I wrote it.  I simply said that for the sake of having a "goal", yet I didn't think it would really happen.  I was wrong!  Yes, I am happy about that!  As of today, it looks like we will definitely be moving in at the end of the month.  I have two weeks off work for Christmas vacation which means I will have lots of time to organize, make it ours, and settle in.  My heart feels happy just thinking about it!  

This past weekend was a work weekend.  Well, every weekend is a work weekend.  We had lots of help from my lovely family and our friends.  We worked on prepping the floor for the Pergo which is being installed in 7 days!!  We also started installing baseboards (our baseboards are amazing)!  The biggest project was removing the yellow and brown tile from the kitchen counters.  Boy, did they have that tile stuck in there good!!  Here are a few pictures from the weekend.  

                                                         Who needs a gym?!
                       That studly man is my incredible husband!  I just adore him!
 Look who surprised us!  My Uncle Mike from Oregon!  He was working on a project in Vacaville and came up to spend the night with us.  He is an electrician.... and he helped us a ton!  
I love how Nick is lovingly looking at him ;)  These two have too much fun together!
                                                    Measuring baseboards.
 Nick and I both love thick baseboards.  We decided to go with a very contemporary look... 5.25" baseboards!  They look amazing!

 Our lovely family friend, second mom, and neighbor, Mimi!  Mimi offered to come help do all the dirty work with us!  She helped peel off some extremely tough glue from the old linoleum and pounded out stubborn tile.

See?!  Dirty work!  Sorry Mimi.... I just couldn't resist!  It's obvious that she worked hard ;)
                                                       Bye, bye yellow tile!! 
  Dad and Mimi pounded out that stubborn tile.  I think my Dad might have regretted suggesting that we install granite after working for hours on end with that tile......
TA-DAA!!  Obviously, the granite isn't installed yet... but just having the yellow tile gone makes such a difference.  

As you can see, we have a been busy!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.... all this hard work and time has been more than worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. Love big baseboards! Looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Ashley and Nick! So thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Ashley and Nick! I cannot wait to visit and see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! getting so close!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete