Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hello Gorgeous!

Cooking delicious meals.  Packing lunches.  Baking cookies.  These are some of the things I look forward to doing in my new kitchen! 

The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house for me. Luckily, my husband completely recognizes this and has been really supportive and helpful in designing it.  When we first moved in, I said I was completely fine leaving the 1971 yellow tiles and thick brown grout.  I really was.  I knew we would change it eventful (among lots of other things).  Somewhere along the road, my Dad recommended doing it now when everything was torn up, due to the fact that it is a big, messy project.  Nick said yes.  I beamed.  And here we are!

Our tile setter, Miguel, recommended a fabulous duo to cut, polish and install our granite.  These guys were incredible.  They were extremely accommodating, respectful, and did impeccable work. 

                                        Our kitchen when we first purchased it.  
                                            Excellent condition, just outdated.
         Tile removed from counters and back splash; porcelain sink removed. 

 My pride and joy!  I spent a LONG time researching and choosing a sink.  I really wanted a sink with a larger basin on the right side, but I didn't want a tiny left side.  I found what they call a 60/40 sink.  It was the perfect match for what I wanted.  My other requirements were: an under-mount sink, large size stainless steel, thick steel (so that it won't sound tinny when things fall).

I ended up taking my search online and ordered from www.efaucets.com.  I had an excellent experience with their company. They delivered sooner than the date they originally stated and the product was exactly what I expected.

Our stone cutter team!  I HIGHLY recommend these guys if you need any stone work done.  Message me for names and numbers.

 The finished product.  Pictures don't do it justice.  I might have to take you on a video tour once we are completely finished.


 
We are thrilled!  Each day is one day closer to having our dream home complete.  We are so thankful!



4 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley! its amazing!!! so happy for you!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley!! Nice remodelling of your kitchen. I think you use granite marble for your shelf.
    Rubi Tile Cutter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley and Nick you two have made the home that my mom and dad would want to move in right now...lol really I would love to see all of it when you get it all done please do call me I think Mary your realtor has my phone # I do come up that way to see the traverso...love everything you have done so far...Im very happy for the two of you...once you get moved in you will love it I know I love my new home...and I do not miss my old home the thing I miss is the neighbor hood...you will love the neighbors as eveyone is very nice...:)

    ReplyDelete