Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

6 Months

6 Months



Half a year has gone by already?  It's exciting and heart-breaking at the same time.  It's incredible to watch the growth, development, and acquisition of skills in a six month period.  Yet, at the same time, I want to freeze time or at least slow it down!

This past month has been great. Hayley is developing right on par and is a happy, curious baby.  The doctor was amazed at her level of curiosity... she has a need to check out EVERYTHING around her at all times.  I love her observant nature and hope it continues.  

This upcoming month is my final month of maternity leave.  I am savoring my time at home with my girl.  Although it is hard to imagine going back to work, I know that she will be in great hands.  I am thankful for my my career as a teacher and the fact that we only work 180 days a year.  I will probably live for Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring, and summer vacation though!  

 16.5 pounds
Grayish eyes
Sits on her own
Starting to grow hair
Rolls both directions
Extremely wiggly
Started eating solids 
Obsessed with her sippy cup
Babbles 
Doesn't enjoy getting dressed
Loves her Sophie the Giraffe toy
Starting to scoot on belly
Sleeps 12 hours at night (two feeds)



Enjoying carrots

We call her our "Nature Girl" because she LOVES being outdoors.

Can you say "twins"???

Be still my heart...

Her absolute FAVORITE place to be.  

This girl!!  

Playing in her big girl highchair.

Beating the heat in our fancy pool.

Clear Lake for the 4th of July

Hanging out with her friend Taylor



1 comment: