Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Open is Better!

This is part two of the bathroom demolition!! 

Nick and I like homes that feel open and spacious.  Neither of us like extra walls that close off spaces.  It was a given to both of us to take out the wall between the vanity/closet and the toilet/shower.   

We knew that taking the wall out would help to make the bathroom feel much larger.  It also would allow us to expand the shower.

My husband is a rockstar.  I love watching him "show-off" all his hidden talents.  Not only is he a fabulous, amazing man and husband.... he also knows how to knock down walls, build walls, install anything and everything... and he looks good doing it all!!  Okay, I'll stop before you start blushing for me.  

In this photo, Nick was starting to take out the wall.  We ended up having to leave for the day and we figured we'd come back and finish it in the next couple days........

However, my incredible Dad beat us to it!!  The next day I went to the house to check the mail... and look who I found!!  My Dad.  My other rockstar.  He finished working on a job site and thought he'd come over and find more work at our house.  Mind you, he doesn't get paid at our house.  Best Dad in the world award!!   Talk about actions speaking loudly... he LOVES us a ton!!!!

               I love him so much!!  He does it all with a smile :)  

Now it's time for me to brag on my amazing Mom!  She also came over on a whim and decided to help clean-up after my Dad's demolition project.  I feel so blessed to have parents who are selfless and so generous with their time and energy.  I will never be able to repay them! Ever!

Since everyone else was working on my house, I felt the need to jump in and at least try to contribute. 
Yes, I'm in my work clothes.  Remember, I stopped by to check the mail.  I didn't anticipate working! 

The final product.  Look at how open the bathroom feels!!  Success!

There is a lot more work to be done, but at least the major demolition part is complete!






3 comments:

  1. Oh, you will repay them someday by doing the same for YOUR children. That's the way it goes in loving families. You will someday know the JOY of helping your own kids. I know your parents are getting as much out of helping you as you are getting from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! You're right :) I know Nick and I will do the same for our future kiddos!!

      Delete
  2. Looks so different!! Oh man, I feel bad for whoever took down the green wall paper off the wall that then the wall was taken out. tee hee ;)

    ReplyDelete