Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Monday, August 13, 2012

Dream Team Work Day

 This was a very productive weekend at the Klaus house!  We were fortunate enough to have a weekend with hardly any commitments... which meant we could work on the house all weekend. And that is exactly what we did.  We clocked 13 hours of work time this weekend!  Woohoo!

  I have to admit... my entire body is sore in places I didn't know you could be sore; however, it is worth it because we are that much closer to having our dream home ready for move-in!

Saturday was the first work day.  Since Nick had to work, it was just my Mom, Dad, and myself.  We worked very well together and accomplished a lot in record time.  Dream team!

Here are some photos from the day:


We took down and washed all the blinds in the house.  These blinds are old-fashioned and definitely not the look we are going for.  Nick and I want to have plantation shutters (see below) throughout the house. 

                                       Bali: EuroVue Shutter


However... toilets, showers, floors, recessed lighting, and paint are currently more of a priority and in the budget!  So, with that in mind, we decided to wash those blinds and use them temporarily.  Hopefully they won't be up long, but while they are.... they will be spotless and clean!!

My fabulous Momma vacuuming all that nasty construction debris.  We spent a couple hours removing baseboard and carpet tack strips.  All of the rooms are now ready for paint and floor installation.  


Working hard!!  I have decided that remodeling a house is a better workout than going to the gym.  The tool I am holding was being used as a massive staple remover.  Majority of the house had carpet.. which meant STAPLES EVERYWHERE. 

I am proud to say that every staple is now gone!!  (And I have sore arms and abs to prove it).
Fill in the blank.... 

"All done.  Finished.  Complete.  Can we go hot tubbing now?????!!! " 

Or maybe she is saying... "Why in the world did you buy a fixer-upper?!?"

Or.... "Quit throwing staples at me.  I am here to help you!"

What do you think she is saying??

I'll tell you about our Sunday workday later this week.  It was a demolition day!!  Things are moving forward and it's getting exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I see you have moved from wearing cute white capris, to practical jeans! Now you look like you are really getting serious about this remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping me updated. This is so fun!! Let me know if you need help one day. If you give me a weeks notice I should be able to make it work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete