Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dancing Floors


Lucky day.... A sneak peak!
This is our flooring choice.  It will be throughout majority of the house.

                                    Pergo traditional entry 
Isn't it pretty?  It is laminate flooring made by Pergo.  It is called Visconti Walnut.  We absolutely love it and think it is going to look lovely!!

It's not hard to improve our new home considering everything is still original 1971.  This is what the previous flooring looked like:
 75% of the house is this fun, bright yellowish, gold, orange-like carpet.  I prefer not to touch it.  Old carpet creeps me out a smidge. 

The kitchen is covered in this checkered laminate.  Little did we know... they had actually UPDATED the floors!!  Look what we found underneath the kitchen laminate.  Wow.  Oh my.  I have no words.  It actually MATCHES the massive rock fireplace (that is currently sitting on our living room floor in a pile).  Click here to see what I am talking about.

We are ordering our new floors this week.  We will be installing the Pergo listed above in the living room, dining room, family room, kitchen, and hallway.  

All three bedroom will have a low-profile carpet called Mohawk Smart Strand.  It is a new carpet on the market that is eco-friendly because it is made from corn husk.  I know... corn husk??  Awkward!  Let me explain.  The corn husk is a non-porous material which is excellent for carpet because it doesn't soak anything up!  The store representative showed us this carpet with red wine and bleach poured on it.  It resisted both substances.  I. Was. Sold.  
 
The 2.5 bathrooms and laundry room with have tile installed.  We are still deciding on what type and color.
Yes, once these lovely floors are installed, I will post pictures.  Promise.

5 comments:

  1. Ash, it's so exciting to see your progress on your new home. I am thrilled for you both, and can't WAIT for the pics to come of when the floors are in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning on drinking some red wine in your bedrooms, huh? ;) Actually, I think I was sold on your Mom and Dad's couch at the lake house after I heard your Dad's story of the spilled red wine! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha I'll have some wine in my room!!! Yes, that couch that my parents bought rocks!!! All you need now is their couch and my carpet.. ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Mary!! It is going to look like a completely different house once we are through!!

      Delete