Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Final Touches

We have been busy on the home front!  We are working hard to finish the final touches before completely moving into our home sweet home!  

Truth be told... we have actually already half way moved in.  I've unpacked approximately 25 boxes (mainly kitchen stuff) and setup our dining room table!  We are hoping that next weekend we can finish moving in our stuff and maybe even sleep there!  However, we are a little sad to leave our cruisy life with the 'rents.... it really is the Good Life.  


I don't have any projects or big updates to share with you today.  I do, however, have lots of pictures of upgrades and adventures to show you!

 Our master bathroom faucets!  The sleek, modern look just makes me happy!  I also love the lack of nooks and crannies.... easy to wipe around and keep clean.

Our famous toilet!  It is an American Standard Cadet 3.  Fancy Smancy.  It is water efficient (1.28 gallons of water per flush) and has a new, sleek design.  Notice the the base is solid.  It is different looking in style and will take some getting used to.  However, I know I will have a big grin on my face when I clean for the first time, and DON'T have to scrub in between the crannies on the base of the toilet.  My least favorite job just got a little better!

Warm floors anyone??  This is by far the biggest splurge we have purchased for our home.  We are so happy though... nothing better than hopping out the shower and having your tile be 75 degrees!  

This is our customized master bathroom window sill.  Instead of using traditional wood for the window sill, we tiled it to tie into the bathroom floor and shower. 

 The World's Most Amazing Dad hard at work!!  Dad has scraped, textured, sanded, caulked, and painted our whole house.  He is incredible and we are forever grateful for his generosity with his time, energy, and support!

Dad said that it was time for me to learn how to paint.... I finished painting the last wall in our master bath!

New door handles installed throughout the house by yours truly!  Once I got the hang of it, it was quite easy.  These little upgrades have made such a difference.  


1 comment: