Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Wonders of Paint

Thought I should update you with our latest house adventures!  We are most certainly still in the "slow and steady.... feels like things are moving slower than molasses stage"... however, there are little things happening all the time!

This weekend my Dad painting a few of the ceilings.  It was so exciting to see the final paint coat; it really makes a huge difference.  He made us a custom color that is similar to linen white.  We are choosing a warm, light coffee color for the walls.  I think the linen white ceilings will be a nice compliment.  




Our cabinets are finished!  It was a very long process since we chose an oil based paint (lasts longer and has a more brilliant look).  We have not put the doors on yet because we just ordered the cabinet hinges and pulls.  However, the drawers went in which was so exciting!  They look amazing!

               Don't mind the nasty floor!!  It will be beautiful in no time at all ;) 

 
                              Our pantry!  The shelves are deep which I love!  


I love how CLEAN it feels under the sink now that is cleaned out and painted.  It felt so icky before!  I also love the slats for cutting boards, cookie sheets, etc.  

There were a few other things that happened this weekend.  I'll update you later this week!  

For those of you who have been through this process before and can relate... what's your best piece of advice for us?! 


3 comments:

  1. Your renovation is looking awesome!!!!! I love the cabinets & high ceilings. I love watching the transformation. Continue the posts...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! I appreciate the encouragement and it's fun to know that you are enjoying the blog :) It's felt so slow lately since there hasn't been much to report!

      Delete
  2. Looking good cousin! I cannot wait to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete