Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Moving Home

Did you hear the news??  We moved!  Nope, not into our new house.  There is still a lot of work to be done.  We probably won't be in there until sometime later this year.  Hopefully by Christmas??!!  

However, once again, my lovely parents came to the rescue!  When we purchased our house in July, my parents told us that we were welcome to move in with them while we work on the house.  So, when our lease on our condo was up on September 1, we packed up, and moved in!  

We put all of our stuff in my parent's garage and in our new garage.  We moved into my sister's old room.  

We have decided that living with Mom and Dad is awesome.  In fact, we might just rent out our new house and keep on living here!  Life is great!  Here are a few perks: Delicious gourmet meals every night.  An excellent house-keeper on Thursdays.  Really fun parents to hang out with every night.  Our very own "wing" of the house. 

I think my parents might like having us live here, too.  Since both of my younger sisters now live in San Francisco, they are complete empty-nesters.  I know for a fact that my Dad loves having his Giant's-loving-daughter back in the house!  We have been watching the game together every evening.  It has also been a really special time for my parents to bond with my husband, Nick.  I am SO thankful that he is happy to be living with my parents as well. (That could be awkward and uncomfortable if he wasn't okay with it!)

When we packed up our condo, Nick couldn't bear the thought of putting our (well, his) 55" flat screen TV in the garage.  So, "his baby" came with us.  Since no one else lives here, there are a few extra, empty bedrooms.  Nick took the liberty of making a "Man Cave".  Television and all.  This is his new favorite hangout spot!


                  
                  We are absolutely, most definitely, living the GOOD LIFE!

2 comments:

  1. Our 30 year old son, his wife, and two daughters (ages 2 and 4) moved in with us in August since my son was transferred to Sonoma County from Oregon. They have also been loving all the perks at the parent's house (their own wing of the house, a house cleaner on Thursdays, free storage in the garage, swimming pool with hot tub, a bedroom for each girl, free meals, etc., etc.) Yup, that's what parents do!!! (They will be moving into their own place the end of October!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Robin! I bet you are enjoying having your grand-daughters live with you. It definitely is a special time and we are enjoying ourselves!
    Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your school year!

    ReplyDelete