Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, December 26, 2013

NOW we're ready!

My heart is full of joy!  There are many reasons for my joy-filled heart... Christmas was magical with family and friends, my hubby and I got to spend five days together without thinking about work, AND.. I am STILL pregnant!!  

Let me explain.  When I found out that my due date was January 6, I remember feeling concerned with how close it was to Christmas.  

Obviously, I know that no matter when she is born (early, on-time, late), it will be in the Lord's perfect timing and I fully trust in that.  However, I have a deep desire for her to have her own special day and not have to share it with a big holiday, like Christmas!  

I have been joking that if contractions started on Christmas Eve or Day, I would just hold my legs together very tightly.  Luckily, I didn't have to test this out (I'm guessing it would have probably failed miserably!!)

So, here we are.  December 26 and ready to go anytime.  I have a feeling that she isn't coming for a little while though.  I have zero signs of "things progressing".  So, we will wait.  Although, I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable, it's okay.  I am fortunate enough to be on maternity leave and I don't have much on my agenda that I HAVE to do.  What a blessing!

Hope your Christmas was lovely and joy-filled.  






No comments:

Post a Comment