Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hallelujah!!

Week 17 was my favorite week of pregnancy so far... besides the week that I found out I was pregnant!  

Remember when I previously mentioned how I THOUGHT I would wake up on the first day of my second trimester and feel perfect?!  Well, for me, it didn't happen until the first day of my 17th week!  Nausea GONE.  I mean, vanished!  In fact, I started feeling so great, that I had a few moments of: Baby?? Are you still in there??  Hello??  Needless to say, I am SO thankful.  I am especially thankful that it decided to go away two weeks before school starts up again.  I was starting to have nightmares of 2+2=.. excuse me while I puke into the trashcan.... 4.  


My belly is definitely a belly at this point, which is exciting.  I like the fact that I can still hide it or show it off... depending on how I feel that day.  Pretty soon there will be no more hiding it!

Another exciting development during Weeks 17 and 18 was feeling the baby move.  It started as little flutters, almost like a little butterfly flying around in my belly.  What a miracle!  

The next few weeks are bound to be wild since school is beginning.  I am looking forward to meeting my new bunch of first graders and starting a new year.  I am also nervous about all the changes that will take place this year... like maternity leave and trying to sit criss-cross apple sauce while being nine months pregnant!  It's bound to be an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. sitting criss cross applesauce is no problem....it's getting back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great...Im so happy that you two are going to have a new life to that house it need to be happy and I know you two love the house and will make great at being mom and dad...

    ReplyDelete