Adventures of the Mr. and Mrs. buying a house… and creating a home

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Home

It's official!  We live IN our home!  Today is day five.  We moved in on Friday, February 1st!

197 days later. With lots of hard work, sweat, hard earned money, and love.  
We did it.  

This entire process had made us feel SO incredibly blessed and taken care of by the Lord.  His provisions were so evident throughout the entire project.  Our family and friends pitched in with time, gifts, and energy.  They all helped us immensely.  We both worked hard by putting in extra hours and picking up side jobs to make sure that this entire project was 100% debt-free.  Every sacrifice, weekend, and night spent working was worth it. 

The first four days living at our house have been great.  We have spent a lot of time unpacking boxes and finding homes for our belongings.  We don't have enough furniture to fill the house... and it's okay with us.  We made the decision months ago to only spend what we have in cash.  So, that means we don't have furniture in our living room, pretty area rugs, or much decor.  It'll happen in good time!

Here are a few snapshots of the past few days.  I promise to post lots of pictures of each room once we have removed the boxes!  It's a little messy and chaotic right now!  

Getting ready to pull into the driveway on the FIRST night.  I admit... I was quite teary.  It was such a build-up... and my emotions got the best of me.  AND... to top it off... my sweetheart made me drop everything and carried me through the door to "welcome me home."  Dream man!

                                              Great friends helping us unpack!

                                                        How does it look here??

I have to start getting my domestic skills back!  I got very spoiled with my Mom's cooking over the past six months.  So, I went to Costco and started practicing this weekend!  By the way, I LOVE my kitchen.  It's perfect!

We came home from work on Monday evening to find not one, but TWO separate gifts from neighbors (or so I think it was from neighbors?!)  This sweet "Welcome Home" balloon!  No clue who it is from... but we sure felt special and welcomed!

 Fresh lemons on our doorstep from kind neighbors!  Wow! We are blown away by the sweetness of this neighborhood.  It will be fun to get to know everyone better!

That's all I have for now!  I can't wait to show you the final product... hoping this weekend will give me a nice chunk of time to finish unpacking and organizing!



1 comment:

  1. HOOORAAHH Cousin! The house looks amazing. . . . I especially love the kitchen redo! Does not even look like the same kitchen you started with! So happy to hear that you all are finally able to enjoy your new home. I am sure you miss mom's cooking though! How wonderful is family?!

    ReplyDelete